DTB Agent Banking
DTB Agent Banking is designed to support financial inclusion through agents at very affordable rates. Through DTB agents, customers can make cash deposits and cash withdrawals. DTB agents currently also offer school fees payment, URA payments, generate customer mini-statements and provide account balances.
- The account comes with a state-of-the-art Point of sale Terminal POS to facilitate agent banking. The account has the following features:
- Float account
- Commission settlement
- Direct counter deposits
- Direct counter withdrawals
- Floating at any DTB / ABC partner agent
- No minimum balance
- Can be operated on internet banking
- Affordable banking partnership
- Express access to deposit counters
- Free E-statement
- Free internet banking view facility
- This account offers affordable partnership with a one-time payment Set-up fee and no other charges.
- Monthly charges zero
- E-statements zero
- Counter cash deposits zero
- Counter cash withdrawals zero
- Ledger fees zero
- Agent set-up fees 1,000,000
- Minimum opening balance 3,000,000
- Minimum account balance zero
- To become a DTB agent, interested parties should be registered entities with regulatory bodies in the country. These can include: Uganda Registration Service Bureau, National Drag Authority, Bank of Uganda, Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority, The NGO Bureau among others. Therefore the following can become agents of DTB:
- Sole proprietors
- Limited companies
- Associations and clubs
- Microfinance organizations
- The following are key requirements for approval to become an agent:
- Entity registrations documents which include; certificate of registration / incorporation, Memorandum and articles of association, particulars of ownership.
- Director’s particulars; recognized identification documents like national IDs, financial card, interpol letter of good conduct and passport photos.
- One year company statement; either management accounts or audited accounts.
- Board resolution to partner with DTB for agent banking.
- Tin number and tax clearance certificate
- One year trading license.