As a registered primary dealer with Bank of Uganda, we offer individuals, groups and companies an opportunity to investment in treasury bills / bonds and earn competitive returns.
Treasury bills (T-Bills) are short-term risk-free investments that are issued for a period of either ninety-one, one hundred and eighty-two and three hundred and sixty-four days. The rate of return is usually more competitive than fixed deposits but dependent on the liquidity condition in the market.
Treasury bonds (T-Bonds) on the other hand are long-term investments that are issued with maturities of two, three, five and ten years. Payouts on treasury bonds are made every six months.
- Risk-free investment
- Affordable Investment option since the minimum amount required is UGX. 100,000
- Option to sell in portions or as a whole in the secondary market
- Option to buy any of the issued government securities from DTB as a primary dealer
- For first time investors, visit any DTB branch and fill in the CSD account opening form
- If you already have a CSD account, fill in the bid form